Staying at home during shelter-in-place means you've now spent far more time at home than you could imagine. You've done more at home - working, home schooling, cooking versus eating out and hobbies to stay busy. By now you probably realize you could use your space better if you rearranged things. …
Most homeowners love decorating their home. You get to pick the colors, the furniture, the window treatments and so much more. What's not to love?
The reality is many people can't visualize how things will look before they buy something ... and it doesn't always work the way they expected. My recent surprise was new family room furniture that was four inches taller than the old couch, which still feels like a wall in my great room.
We offer lots of tips and links to experts we've found online as you've got to find people who's personality matches yours.
All Decorating Articles
- 8 Redecorating Tips for Changing Lifestyles
- Built-In Cabinets & More: Interior Trim Series
- Picking Furniture Companies You Can Trust
- How to Move Furniture to Create More Space
- Choosing Your Decorating Style
- Steps to Picking the Right Window Treatment
- Installing Curtains: Where Do I Hang Them?
- Feng Shui Colors for Your Home
- Interior Trim Ideas to Spice Up Any Room
- 7 Ways of Decorating With Color
- 10 Interior Design Tips to Avoid Common Mistakes
- Wall Decor Ideas that Are New & Timeless
- Dentil Molding (or Moulding)
- What You Learn Visiting Model Homes
- Flower Arranging Tips for Results Like a Pro
- Decorating with White Marble Texture
- Home Decoration Help from 2,600 Miles Away
- Why is Picking Coffee Table Decor So Hard?
- 3 Entryway Ideas for End of Summer Style
- 7 Surefire Ways to Refresh Your Space
- Entryway Ideas & First Impressions
- Recycled Leather In Unusual Places
- Where Does Home Design Inspiration Come From?
- Tips for Finding Inexpensive Area Rugs
- Chalkboard Paint Colors or Glass?
- Be Practical When Buying Area Rugs
- Ceiling Colors, Textures to Forget Missing Walls
- Create a Design Inspiration Idea Board
- How To Say Goodbye to Crooked Wall Hangings
- Buy Local & Buy From Small Businesses
- Friday Find, a Foldable Desk to Take Anywhere
- Collecting Habits Are Changing with Digital Collections
- Falling in Love with Geometric Rugs
- Fall Decorating Ideas Without a Big Investment
- Decorating with Metallics – Tile, Fabric & More
- Interior Trim: Fireplace Ideas to Pop Visually
- Interior Trim: Elegant Staircases & Entryways
- Shelving that’s Beautiful and Functional
- What Does a Contemporary Hammock Look Like?
- Dreaming About Wall Coverings For a New House
- Redecorating for Your New Life
- Decorating Ideas From Hotel to Home
- Friday’s Find, Fantastic Faux Art Painter
- Stone Walls, A Stone Bench or Stone Seat?
- Outdoor Chairs & Cushions, A Friday FIND
- Easy Home Improvements When Change is Hard
- Fun Family Furniture, A Friday FIND
- Get Your Outdoor Furniture Summer Ready
- Creative End Table, Our Fabulous Friday Find
- Outdoor Home Decorating for Summer Entertaining
- Decorating with Texture, When Color Isn’t an Option
- Retro Furniture, From Yesterday & New Today
- The Advantages of Double Duty Furniture
- How to Eliminate Crooked Wall Hangings
- Decorating Style File & Why You Want One
- Photo Wall Ideas that Really Work
- 7 Photo Wall Tips for Family Memories
- Wall Art and Decorating Your Home
- Interior Decorating Can Start With ‘Just One Special Thing’
- Window Treatments: The Big Picture
- Pinterest Fun & Fear
- Pinterest for Home & Homeowners
- Boston’s North Shore Design Show
- Green Living Alternatives: Your Home Can Be Green & Gorgeous!
- Holiday Decorating Hooks & Other Gadgets
- Decorating with Collectibles and Function
- Decorating and the Power of 3 (1 of 3)
- Beautiful Tile Adds Color & Function
- Hanging Pictures & Finding the Wall Stud
- Interior Trim Series: Ceilings that Pop
- Interior Trim Series: Walls with Sizzle
- Decorative Tile that is Uniquely You!
- Decorators are Versatile
Where can you add built-ins that provide more storage and function to your home? We'll explore these here to give you ideas. Cabinets in closets, mud rooms and under stairs where you need more storage.Bookcases surrounding a fireplace or home office where you've got lots of books.Furniture in …
With a new house you're likely to buy some new furniture. Living in a new place means finding new, reliable furniture companies. Here's what I learned working with three different furniture companies in central Florida. Product quality and customer service differ significantly and there's one …
What do you typically put in a guest bedroom? If we're honest, guest bedrooms often are a collection of discarded furniture, like your children's bedroom furniture after they leave home. …
Choosing your decorating style is generally not a sudden discovery. Instead it is a process that evolves over time. When you move into your first place, generally an apartment, your choices are limited by the space itself. Flooring, wall color and fixtures are out of your control. Chances are your …
Window treatments are one of the most effective ways to bring interest and warmth into a room. Colorful, textural and patterned window treatments can bring attention to special windows, draw our focus to a wonderful view of the outdoors, or add a finishing layer that completes an otherwise …