The past year has found us spending far more hours at home. People are working from home, children are attending school at home, we're exercising at home and socializing with family and friends online ... from home. So it's time to identify the changing house features we need to accommodate our …
Buying a house is both exciting and scary, especially if it's your first house. You have ideas about what you want but aren't sure what you can you afford. Beginning your search online is great but it's hard to get the big picture on neighborhoods, community amenities and more.
The seller pays both realtors, it's foolish not to use a realtor to guide you in your search. They're not the only one you'll need on your team so we introduce the other players in the real estate game along with the do's and don'ts.
All Buying a House Articles
- How the Pandemic is Changing House Features
- Buying a House in Florida: Learn the Pitfalls
- Buying a House: Know Your Country?
- How the Pandemic is Affecting Housing Prices
- Why Move-In Ready Homes Sell Faster
- Setting Your Home Buying Priorities
- What is Gross Living Area (GLA)?
- What is a Builder Design Center?
- Getting More House for Less Money
- Moving Checklist: Boxes, Trucks & More
- My Home Address Nightmares
- Property Taxes: What You Need to Know
- Heart and Home: New Hampshire & New York City
- 30 New Homeowner Tips You Don’t Want to Skip
- Do You Know Many Home Inspectors?
- Why Community Values Matter
- What You Learn Visiting Model Homes
- Choosing a Home Location
- Why Your Home Buying Priorities Will Change
- Why Where You Live Matters
- Letter to Bekins Van Lines
- Moving Redefines What Home for the Holidays Means?
- Finding a Realtor When You’re Ready to Buy a House
- Buying a Home – Balancing Where, What & Why
- Finances & Making Sure You’re Ready to Buy a House
- House Buying & The Paperwork Maze
- 5 Reasons Why Home Buyers Choose New Construction
- Confusion Between Pre-Qualified & Pre-Approval
- Managing the Home Mortgage Process
- How Difficult is Buying a House?
- Let Your Monthly Budget Be Your Home Buying Guide
- Home Management Mistake: Who’s in Charge?
- Are You an Aspiring Homeowner?
- Invest in Your Home for Retirement Savings
- New Mortgage Calculators for Buy vs Rent
- Finalizing Your Top 3 Choices in Home Location
- Seller Property Disclosure Statement
- Amazing Home Seller Property Disclosure Statement
- Award Letter
- Lifestyle Changes for First Time Homeowners
- Understanding What Affects Home Affordability
- Starter Home Choices: Condos to Single Family
- Are You Ready to Buy a Home?
- Moving Across Country Means Many Things
- Lifestyle Choices & Home Ownership
- Evaluating Retirement Communities
- Vacation Homes: When to Buy and Why
- Who’s On Your Real Estate Team?
- Does Homeownership Fit Your Lifestyle?
- Are You Ready to be a Homeowner?
- Homeowner Confusion & Buying vs Renting
- Real Estate Agent? Broker? or REALTOR?
- Picking The Right Neighborhood for Your Family
- Forever Home Features: Great Schools, Neighborhood & Views
- How to Buy a Home In a Seller’s Market, A Homeowner’s Story
- Picking Retirement Locations Is Really Hard
- Buying a House: A 9 Step Guide
- Big Houses Don’t Mean Happier Lives
- Home Inspection Conflict of Interest
- Home Inspection Checklist & Finding a Home Inspector
- House Information For Your Home Inspector
- Why Curb Appeal is Important
- Top Home Inspection Problems
- Buying My First House & A Dozen More
- Where We Live May Influence Our Happiness
- Tax Benefits of Owning a Home
- Finding or Creating the Perfect Neighborhood
- Shedding Your Fears Around Home Ownership
- Will Your Dream House Be Perfect?
- Big House, Small, Somewhere in the Middle?
- Spring, Open Houses and Curb Appeal
- House Age: What It Does & Doesn’t Tell Us
- Home Inspectors Protect Homeowners
- House Values in BattleGround States
- First Time Home Buyer Tips
- Statute of Limitations and Sellers’ Full Disclosure
- Home Inspections: When & Why
- Purchase Agreements Are Like Diapers
- Buying a First Home: Excited & Scared?
- Buying a New Home From a Builder is Different
- When Buying a Home, Pick Your Real Estate Team Carefully
- Sunlight Makes Me Happy
- After the Home Inspection, Who Does What?
- Home Inspections: Who Should Attend?
- 2009 Home Buyer Tax Credits
- Why You ALWAYS Need a Home Inspection
- Appraisal Guidelines Change May 1, 2009
- Home Buyer Trends 2008
People have many reasons for moving to Florida. My move to Florida was focused on spending more time with my boys and granddaughter. My priority for buying a house in Florida was being ten to 15 minutes from my granddaughter. I love being able to babysit and drive home in just six minutes! In …
We don't pick where we live as children. Often our first choice about location is where we go to college and from there, the job we get often dictates where we live. That's why most home buying advice focuses on your neighborhood. Not it appears it's time to get to know your country which might …
Now that we've survived the first six months of the pandemic, life is resuming ... in new ways. We're able to control some changes like where we buy groceries and when/where to eat out. Other things we can't control like housing prices affected by steep rises in key building materials like lumber, …
Moving is pretty stressful so most home buyers want a house that is move-in ready. So what does this mean? In the strictest sense, a house must have a certificate of occupancy or CO issued by a local government agency saying a house is ready to be occupied. COs work for new construction …
Your current lifestyle is as important a factor in home buying as anything else. You might be ready to change your lifestyle. Or you might not. But one thing is for sure, some things will change once you buy a house. The trick is choosing the right home in the right location, to make those changes …