When buying an existing home, there are things you know you want to change after the house belongs to you. We've covered the things that you really can't change (location and some house features), so this article focuses on the most common house upgrades new home owners make in their first year. Yes …
Buying a house is both exciting and scary, especially if it's your first house. You have ideas about what you want but aren't sure what you can you afford. Beginning your search online is great but it's hard to get the big picture on neighborhoods, community amenities and more.
The seller pays both realtors, it's foolish not to use a realtor to guide you in your search. They're not the only one you'll need on your team so we introduce the other players in the real estate game along with the do's and don'ts.
All Buying a House Articles
- House Upgrades for Your New House
- Why House Location is So Important
- House Features that Can’t Be Changed
- Read HOA Documents Before You Buy a Condo!
- How the Pandemic is Changing House Features
- Buying a House in Florida: Learn the Pitfalls
- Buying a House: Know Your Country?
- How the Pandemic is Affecting Housing Prices
- Why Move-In Ready Homes Sell Faster
- Setting Your Home Buying Priorities
- What is Gross Living Area (GLA)?
- What is a Builder Design Center?
- Getting More House for Less Money
- Moving Checklist: Boxes, Trucks & More
- My Home Address Nightmares
- Property Taxes: What You Need to Know
- Heart and Home: New Hampshire & New York City
- 30 New Homeowner Tips You Don’t Want to Skip
- Do You Know Many Home Inspectors?
- Why Community Values Matter
- What You Learn Visiting Model Homes
- Choosing a Home Location
- Why Your Home Buying Priorities Will Change
- Why Where You Live Matters
- Letter to Bekins Van Lines
- Moving Redefines What Home for the Holidays Means?
- Finding a Realtor When You’re Ready to Buy a House
- Buying a Home – Balancing Where, What & Why
- Finances & Making Sure You’re Ready to Buy a House
- House Buying & The Paperwork Maze
- 5 Reasons Why Home Buyers Choose New Construction
- Confusion Between Pre-Qualified & Pre-Approval
- Managing the Home Mortgage Process
- How Difficult is Buying a House?
- Let Your Monthly Budget Be Your Home Buying Guide
- Home Management Mistake: Who’s in Charge?
- Are You an Aspiring Homeowner?
- Invest in Your Home for Retirement Savings
- New Mortgage Calculators for Buy vs Rent
- Finalizing Your Top 3 Choices in Home Location
- Seller Property Disclosure Statement
- Amazing Home Seller Property Disclosure Statement
- Award Letter
- Lifestyle Changes for First Time Homeowners
- Understanding What Affects Home Affordability
- Starter Home Choices: Condos to Single Family
- Are You Ready to Buy a Home?
- Moving Across Country Means Many Things
- Lifestyle Choices & Home Ownership
- Evaluating Retirement Communities
- Vacation Homes: When to Buy and Why
- Who’s On Your Real Estate Team?
- Does Home Ownership Fit Your Lifestyle?
- Are You Ready to be a Homeowner?
- Homeowner Confusion & Buying vs Renting
- Real Estate Agent? Broker? or REALTOR?
- Picking The Right Neighborhood for Your Family
- Forever Home Features: Great Schools, Neighborhood & Views
- How to Buy a Home In a Seller’s Market, A Homeowner’s Story
- Picking Retirement Locations Is Really Hard
- Buying a House: A 9 Step Guide
- Big Houses Don’t Mean Happier Lives
- Home Inspection Conflict of Interest
- Home Inspection Checklist & Finding a Home Inspector
- House Information For Your Home Inspector
- Why Curb Appeal is Important
- Top Home Inspection Problems
- Buying My First House & A Dozen More
- Where We Live May Influence Our Happiness
- Tax Benefits of Owning a Home
- Finding or Creating the Perfect Neighborhood
- Shedding Your Fears Around Home Ownership
- Will Your Dream House Be Perfect?
- Big House, Small, Somewhere in the Middle?
- Spring, Open Houses and Curb Appeal
- House Age: What It Does & Doesn’t Tell Us
- Home Inspectors Protect Homeowners
- House Values in BattleGround States
- First Time Home Buyer Tips
- Statute of Limitations and Sellers’ Full Disclosure
- Home Inspections: When & Why
- Purchase Agreements Are Like Diapers
- Buying a First Home: Excited & Scared?
- Buying a New Home From a Builder is Different
- When Buying a Home, Pick Your Real Estate Team Carefully
- Sunlight Makes Me Happy
- After the Home Inspection, Who Does What?
- Home Inspections: Who Should Attend?
- 2009 Home Buyer Tax Credits
- Why You ALWAYS Need a Home Inspection
- Appraisal Guidelines Change May 1, 2009
- Home Buyer Trends 2008
Why House Location is So Important
When shopping for a home, you probably know if you want to live in a city, the suburbs or out in the country. I was born in New York City and lived in/around the city until I left for college ... so it's no surprise that I get frustrated when I don't live near a large city. When you start searching …
House Features that Can’t Be Changed
First impressions are important, especially when it comes to buying a house. In fact you'll experience several first impressions as you search for your dream house. First will be the curb appeal of the house as you approach it. Next is the feeling you get when you enter the house. Many house …
Read HOA Documents Before You Buy a Condo!
You found a wonderful condo that meets all your requirements for a new home. The price is right and you won't have to worry about maintaining your homes exterior or the pool Before you make an offer to buy a condo, you need to read the Homeowner Association, or HOA documents. Why? You might find …
Continue Reading about Read HOA Documents Before You Buy a Condo!
How the Pandemic is Changing House Features
The past year has found us spending far more hours at home. People are working from home, children are attending school at home, we're exercising at home and socializing with family and friends online ... from home. So it's time to identify the changing house features we need to accommodate our …
Continue Reading about How the Pandemic is Changing House Features
Buying a House in Florida: Learn the Pitfalls
People have many reasons for moving to Florida. My move to Florida was focused on spending more time with my boys and granddaughter. My priority for buying a house in Florida was being ten to 15 minutes from my granddaughter. I love being able to babysit and drive home in just six minutes! In …
Continue Reading about Buying a House in Florida: Learn the Pitfalls