New England gets cold in the winter and sometimes that discourages homeowners from putting tile in their kitchen or bathrooms. Now there's a solution that heats tiles, and your room from the floor up. It's called radiant floor heating. …
We walk on floors every waking hour but how often do we look at them? We take them for granted until we're buying a new house or renovating our home. We've got flooring ideas to help you find the perfect flooring for each room in your house plus tips on how to take care of them so they look great for a long time.
We also offer tips on common floor repairs, refinishing hardwood floors and how to keep them clean so they last longer.
All Flooring & Tile Articles
- Radiant Floor Heating Keeps Your Toes Warm
- Bathroom Tile Ideas & Doing It Right!
- Winter Boots & Protecting Your Floors
- Tile Tips for DIY
- Be Practical When Buying Area Rugs
- Flooring Options for Remodeling Your Home
- A Simple Guide to Hard-Surface Floor Coverings
- Hardwood Floors Make a Cozy Home, A Homeowner Story
- Cork Flooring Pros & Cons
- Smart Kitchen Flooring Choices
- Tile Floors & Wet, Snowy Boots
- Refinishing Wood Floors Isn’t Easy (Step 4)
- Refinishing Wood Floors Isn’t Easy (Step 1)
- Tips for Selecting Wood Flooring
- Decorative Tile that is Uniquely You!
- Wood Floors & Ongoing Maintenance
- Refinishing Wood Floors Isn’t Easy (Step 2)
- Refinishing Wood Floors Isn’t Easy (Step 3)
- Cleaning $aves Carpets & Furniture
- Parent Tips: Protecting Wood Floors
- Garage Floors & Drainage
- Stairs: Replacing Carpeting with Wood
- Flooring: How Many Steps Does It Takes?
- Flooring: Difficult to Pick One
Bathrooms are the smallest rooms in the house. Maybe that's why we like to update them more often, because we think small means less money and less work? Wrong! Bathrooms might be small but they're actually more challenging when it comes to remodeling. That's because you have to work …
Tile floors are a great investment for entryways where people enter your home. Tile floors won't absorb water the way a carpet might and wood flooring while beautiful, reacts poorly to any water that gets into cracks or penetrates the surface. Ceramic tile is extremely durable and waterproof when …
After decorating and painting, installing tile is a very popular homeowner do-it-yourself project. Tile by its very nature is small and easier to maneuver than many building materials like a 4x8 sheet of plywood or 2x8 boards of lumber when building a deck. The biggest challenge when installing tile …
When buying area rugs, it’s tempting to jump into looking at colors and styles. But ... by taking the time to consider the practical issues, you can find just the right area rugs for your lifestyle and home requirements. Before you get into design choices, it pays to consider factors such as size, …
At some time or another, you’re bound to think about replacing the flooring in one or more rooms. Hard-surface flooring is a perennial favorite for remodeling your home, as it’s easy to maintain, great for allergy sufferers, and won’t harbor dirt and germs the way carpeting can. The challenge is …