Holiday weekends are for getting together with family and friends, to relax and enjoy an afternoon barbeque. These get togethers are more meaningful after the isolation that came with the pandemic, especially because we can visit outdoors. Retailers also take advantage of these holiday weekends ... …
Smarter usually means more expensive. That's why it's more important than ever, to do your homework before you buy new appliances. You'll also want to follow recommended maintenance to make sure they last a long time.
All Appliances Articles
- Research First: Memorial Day Appliance Sales
- Stainless Appliance Finishes & Color
- Why Call Professionals for an Appliance Repair
- Refrigerator Sizes: What They Really Tell You
- How to Clean a Dryer Vent
- Buying Appliances: When & Where
- Appliance Recalls Happen: Here’s How to Check Before You Buy
- 3 Lessons Learned from a Bad Refrigerator Install
- Appliance Package Colors Reflect Kitchen Trends
- Will the Slate Appliance Replace Stainless?
- Refrigerator Styles & Buying a Refrigerator
- Researching Refrigerator Brands, Styles & More
- 5 Tips for Buying a Refrigerator
- Two Kitchens and Two New Refrigerators?
- Built-In Coffee Maker … in a Refrigerator?
- Why Household Appliances Are Getting Better
- A Porch Refrigerator, A Home Owner’s Story
- Research Before Buying Small Appliances
- 5 Kitchen Appliances That Save You Time
- Replacing Washing Machine Hoses
- Clothes Dryer Problems You Might Have
Cabinets, countertops and appliances are the biggest expenses when remodeling a kitchen. That's why most homeowners pick neutral colors that will look great for many years. A backsplash is the easiest way to add more color with paint, tile or stone. Manufacturers are now offering appliance finishes …
Growing up, I often remember my grandmother marveling at all the "newfangled appliances" that were available to make household chores easier. She would tell tales of using a ringer washing machine where she fed clothes through rollers one piece at a time. Appliance designs were simpler and many …
Several years ago I did extensive research on how to buy a refrigerator. I wrote several articles to share what I learned with savvy homeowners. Imagine my surprise when I recently learned I missed a very important decision factor. I learned that advertised refrigerator sizes aren't what you think! …
It's winter, we've had the house in Arizona for two years now so it was time to clean the dryer vent. What should have been an easy project has turned into a mess and I'm not happy about it. All I had planned to write about in this blog post was how to clean a dryer vent. Instead I feel like I'm …
We spend a lot of time in our kitchens. That means we're constantly looking at our appliances, big and small. So when do we buy new appliances? And how many homeowners know where to get the best deal when buying appliances? One of your appliances fails and repair costs are so high that it makes …