You’ve got a finished basement in need of a facelift, but your budget is a bit thin? Not to worry, there are plenty of budget-savvy basement renovation ideas to turn this room into something new and inviting. An already finished basement has most of the hard work out of the way. What you need …
When you need more space in your home, the first place to look is your attic and/or basement. The cost to finish these spaces is a lot less than putting an addition on your house.
We've got lots of ideas to share, ones that inspire and explain what to consider when planning to renovate these spaces. We also consider building codes that insure your new space is safe.
All Attics & Basements Articles
- Basement Renovation Ideas You Can Afford
- Attic Renovation Can Create a Great Study Room
- How to Finish an Attic in Older Homes
- Attic Playroom Perfect for Family Visits
- Do You Need Basement Insulation?
- Planning a Basement Remodel for the Kids
- How Attic Built-Ins Provide More Living Space
- Attic Organization: 4 Ideas to Get You Inspired
- From Bonus Room to Art Studio, A Homeowner Story
- Basement Renovations: Turning 5 Ugly Basements Into Beautiful
- Finishing an Attic Includes What?
- Memories Stored in Our Attics
- The Secrets Hiding in Your Attic
- Basement Waterproofing & Keeping Your Basement Dry
- Brick Walls & Moisture Problem
- Picking the Right Basement Windows
- Great Basement (or Garage) Storage
If you've got an attic, then you might have the perfect spot to create a homework den just for the kids. Younger children may need more supervision, of course, but for older kids and teens, a homework hideaway upstairs makes lesson time a little bit less of a chore. So are you ready for …
Everyone wants more space in their home. The question is how much space do you need and what's the best solution to create that space. You can move, put an addition on your house or finish existing space in your basement or attic. So are you wondering how to finish an attic or garage? When you break …
Summertime is family reunion time, and an attic playroom gives the younger generation their own spot to get together. Having a special kid zone makes everyone feel welcome, and gives them something to do besides listening to the adults reminisce. (Read: Organizing a Custom Playroom That Inspires) If …
Winter can be especially cold in any basement, finished or otherwise. So with fall still in the air, now is the time to make this part of your home warmer and much more comfortable. Basement insulation helps make the floor above the basement feel warmer, and sealing drafts helps, too. Before Old Man …
Do your kids long for a place of their own, one where there’s more freedom to play than in their bedrooms or the living room? With a basement remodel, you could create a space just for the kids or the family room you've always wanted. The kids will have a year-round space no matter the weather, and …