Buying a new house is a huge investment. After moving into your new home, you'll spend more on furniture, flooring, window treatments and maybe a remodeling project. While we spend most of our time at home indoors, you also need to look at the types of landscaping you need for curb appeal and a …
As homeowners we tend to focus on all things inside the house. Some homeowners are lucky because their HOA handles all outdoor landscaping. Everyone else has to mow their lawn, weed their gardens and more.
We cover landscaping trends, decks and patios, fencing and other things you have outside your home. You'll find tips on material choices, installation and maintenance.
All Landscaping Articles
- Types of Landscaping for Curb Appeal
- An Extraordinary Picket Fence
- A Spool Combines a Swimming Pool and ???
- Farm Life Offers a Different Perspective on Life
- Your Kids Can Help You Find the Best Swingsets
- Turning Your Backyard Ideas Into Reality
- Tops 10 Landscaping Ideas
- Landscaping Jobs: DIY or Hire a Professional?
- Good Neighbor Fences Make Good Neighbors
- Irrigation & Saving Water with Technology
- Top 15 Landscape Trends
- 4 Beautiful Ideas for a Lighted Walkway
- Beautiful & Definitely Not a Typical Stone Wall
- A Farmhouse, 2 Farmers, and a Family Garden
- 6 Outdoor Decorating Ideas for Your House
- Outdoor Home Decor with Creative Lighting
- 5 Simple Landscaping Ideas in Time for Memorial Day
- What Does Your Mailbox Say About You?
- Choose the Right Fence for Your Home
- Landscaping Ideas for Water Conservation
- Green Landscaping with Native Plants
- Composite Decking or Rot-Resistant Wood?
- Landscaping: Toxic to Pets?
- Fence Materials for Every Budget
- Fencing For Privacy, Safety or Curb Appeal?
- Spring Into Color with Flowers Everywhere
- Green Elephants & Trimming the Right Way!
- An Urban Farming Story to Inspire You
- Spring Landscaping and Gardening Tips
The white picket fence is probably the most popular fence in the US since the colonial era. Traditionally they were made of wood and painted white although the most common material used today is polyvinyl chloride (PVC) but there are other materials you can use ... …
We sometimes play with words to create new ones. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I was visiting a Toll Brother development (The Overlook at Fire Rock) in Fountain Hills, Arizona and the Realtor® told me there was a spool in the model next door. I asked him to explain more. He said a spool …
Some of us grew up in a city while others were raised in the suburbs. As adults we might live near our childhood home. Often when we graduate, we move somewhere else for a job or someone special in our life . Few of us have ever visited a farm. After spending four days on a farm belonging to my best …
It's spring and all the stores have a huge swingset on display. The question is how do you find the best swingsets when there are so many to pick from. Before you buy a swingset because it looks cool at the store, do some research. Finding the best swingsets is a lot like finding the perfect house …
Once upon a time my backyard looked like this. We lived in New York and our house was nestled among beautiful trees. We had a deck off the family room with a grill and table for outdoor family meals. The boys spent most of their time on the swing set, running around or chasing the dog, ball or …