In the US we expect fresh water to flow from our faucets, without understanding where that water comes from. We're beginning to learn there isn't an endless supply of fresh water. This explains why many communities are using reclaimed water to reduce the demand for fresh water. Growing up in …
As homeowners we tend to focus on all things inside the house. Some homeowners are lucky because their HOA handles all outdoor landscaping. Everyone else has to mow their lawn, weed their gardens and more.
We cover landscaping trends, decks and patios, fencing and other things you have outside your home. You'll find tips on material choices, installation and maintenance.
All Landscaping Articles
- What is Reclaimed Water & How It Protects Our Water Supply
- Deck Design Ideas to Die For
- Simple Landscaping Ideas & Landscape Architects
- Spring Into Color with Flower Garden Ideas
- What is a Floating Deck?
- Types of Landscaping for Curb Appeal
- An Extraordinary Picket Fence
- A Spool Combines a Swimming Pool and ???
- Farm Life Offers a Different Perspective on Life
- Your Kids Can Help You Find the Best Swingsets
- Turning Your Backyard Ideas Into Reality
- Tops 10 Landscaping Ideas
- Good Neighbor Fences Make Good Neighbors
- Irrigation & Saving Water with Technology
- Top 15 Landscape Trends
- 4 Beautiful Ideas for a Lighted Walkway
- Beautiful & Definitely Not a Typical Stone Wall
- A Farmhouse, 2 Farmers, and a Family Garden
- 6 Outdoor Decorating Ideas for Your House
- Outdoor Home Decor with Creative Lighting
- 5 Simple Landscaping Ideas in Time for Memorial Day
- What Does Your Mailbox Say About You?
- Choose the Right Fence for Your Home
- Landscaping Ideas for Water Conservation
- Green Landscaping with Native Plants
- Composite Decking or Rot-Resistant Wood?
- Landscaping: Toxic to Pets?
- Fence Materials for Every Budget
- Fencing For Privacy, Safety or Curb Appeal?
- Green Elephants & Trimming the Right Way!
- An Urban Farming Story to Inspire You
- Spring Landscaping and Gardening Tips
It's true that kitchens, bathrooms and the right number of bedrooms are key to buying a house. Other features like decks, views and great landscaping make a house stand out from the crowd and influence buyers. Our deck design ideas will help you update your home if you don't have all the outdoor …
Landscaping doesn't have to intimidate you. The key is knowing the difference between simple landscaping ideas you can handle on your own and those that need a professional's touch. If you're determined to have a gorgeous house inside and out, one of your best solutions is to work with a …
Spring flowers invite us to get outdoors and enjoy the fresh air, the sunshine and participate in the renewal of life that spring signifies. While it's important to inspect your home for winter damage and tackle home maintenance chores, you also want to re-charge your emotional batteries. Flowers …
You probably think a deck is ... just a deck. For some homeowners, knowing what a floating deck is could save you time and money. Also called a free standing deck, what does this mean and why does it matter? Most decks are attached to a house (see below) while floating decks (above) are not …
Buying a new house is a huge investment. After moving into your new home, you'll spend more on furniture, flooring, window treatments and maybe a remodeling project. While we spend most of our time at home indoors, you also need to look at the types of landscaping you need for curb appeal and a …