You've been thinking about a new entry door since you bought your home and yikes, that was a few years ago. Maybe you found a door you like, but have no idea where to find one like it? You love your old house and the front door tells a story. You'd love one of the front door styles with more …
We rarely think about the doors in our homes, except to lock them, paint them or make repairs when there are problems. They're an important part of your home so it's worth understanding how they work and we help with this.
All Doors Articles
- Front Door Styles & First Impressions
- Baby Gates & Why We Think This One is Perfect
- Tips for Ordering an Exterior Door
- Front Door Handles: How Many Styles are There?
- How Sliding Patio Doors are Changing Our Lives
- Think You Know What French Doors Are?
- Door Repairs: Why You Need to PLUMB a Door
- How Smart Locks Are Changing Home Security
- 5 Tips to Finding a Locksmith You Can Trust
- Water & Wood Rot: Repair Rotted Wood DOOR Bottom
- Handyman Repair Stories for Common Door Problems
- Easy Ways to Fix a Sticky Door
- Digital Doorbell for Smart Homes
- Re-Caulking a Door
- Replacing a Sliding Door
- Installing a Pet Door For Convenience
- Doors, Floor Mats & Shoe Cubbies
- Door Designs & Historic Doors in NYC
- Custom Doors for Custom Homes
- Buying a Screen Door Is Like Buying Shoes
- Hidden Doors or Secret Rooms?
- Barn Doors Save Lots of Space
- Storm Doors But No Storms?
- Unique Ways to Reuse Old Doors
- Exterior Doors: Fact, Fiction, Gobbledy Gook?
- Adding Holiday Cheer to Your Front Door
- How Sexy is Your Front Door?
- Finding the Right Pet Door for a Screen Door
- Doors Tips to Add Value to Your Home
Baby (or puppy) gates work but they're a hassle - storing them when not in use, putting them up, taking them down and what I like least, climbing over them as you move from room to room. In fact these gates cause you to change how you navigate around your house. …
Front doors play an important role in a home's curb appeal. Whether plain or elegant, every exterior door begins with a basic door at the center. From there you can upgrade a door's style by adding features like sidelights and rectangular or curved transom glass above the door. Regardless of which …
Front door handles rarely (maybe never) get discussed when talking about curb appeal or front doors. But the right front door handle can truly change the personality of your home's appearance, like wearing the right necklace with that little black dress. …
Sliding patio doors are your gateway to barbecues, the family swimming pool and other outdoor activities. As building technology advances, these patio doors are becoming glass walls that open out to rooms that extend your total living space. Patio doors traditionally let in a shower of light, and …
French doors were originally used in the 17th century as windows, not doors. They were brought to America by early settlers of Louisiana, and remain popular in places like New Orleans. These doors provide maximum light to the interior of your home. The glass and visual space makes rooms appear …