Moving is pretty stressful so most home buyers want a house that is move-in ready. So what does this mean? In the strictest sense, a house must have a certificate of occupancy or CO issued by a local government agency saying a house is ready to be occupied. COs work for new construction …
Selling your home isn't as hard as you think. There are a few things you can do to sell your home faster, and more important get a higher (but realistic) price.
- Work with a real estate agent who really knows your town and gives you a range of listing prices to sell on the timeline you want.
- Stage your home to show off it's best features and downplay things that aren't great. 7 Steps to Staging a House shows how I staged my condo.
- For older houses, a home inspection will allow you to identify and repair problems that a buyer can use to negotiate a lower price.
All Selling Your Home Articles
- Why Move-In Ready Homes Sell Faster
- Proposed Tax Changes & Home Ownership
- Picking the Right House Price When Selling
- 7 Steps to Staging a House
- Book-Addict’s Guide to Letting Go of Books
- Letter to Bekins Van Lines
- Amazing Home Seller Property Disclosure Statement
- Moving Across Country Means Many Things
- Real Estate Agent? Broker? or REALTOR?
- Home Improvement Ideas to Sell Your Home
- Homeowner Strategies for Selling Houses
- Selling a House: A Plan and Team to Sell My Sister’s Condo
- Home Staging Sells Homes Faster
- Selling Your Home When You Divorce
- Home Staging Shouldn’t Be a Secret!
- Statute of Limitations and Sellers’ Full Disclosure
- Prepare for Selling A Home
- Pretend You’re Selling Your House
- How Great Kitchens & Bathrooms Help When Selling Your Home
- Quick Tips for Do-It-Yourself Home Staging
- Staging Secrets for Hiding Stuff
- Home Staging Key for Quick Home Sales
- Home Staging for Selling? Renting?
- Paint Color and Selling Your Home
- Curbside Appeal Key to Selling Your Home
- Curbside Appeal, A Quick Checklist
- Selling Your Home: New Government Regulations
- Selling a Home Takes Teamwork
- Appraisal Guidelines Change May 1, 2009
Income taxes can be filed using the standard deduction or itemized deductions. Most homeowners prefer itemized deductions to reduce their taxable income by what they've spent on mortgage interest, property taxes and more. It does take more time to gather all the paperwork needed to support itemized …
Selling a house is never easy. The biggest challenge is picking the right house price, one that will attract the right buyers. Picking the right price for a condo in a beach community is even harder. And if these challenges weren't enough, the condo was bought just as the housing industry crashed …
The concept of home staging isn't new. It's a marketing tool to sell your home faster and for a higher price. There are lots of home staging tips online. The challenge for homeowners who've never sold a house is learning what's involved in staging a house. It's also important to understand the …
My obsession with books started somewhere between the second and third grade. That's when books with pictures started giving way to chapter books. It's when I discovered our local library let me borrow books to read for free! Of course, I needed my mom to get there, and the book I wanted wasn't …
In the US we seem to believe that big is better, but is it really? Having just completed a move from New Hampshire to Arizona with Bekins Van Lines, the answer based on the customer experience I had would say no! This letter then is my response to the CEO of Bekins Van Lines, explaining what I …