Unless you’re a handyman who uses caulk every week for different home repair projects, you probably don’t realize that picking caulk is a lot like picking a new sofa. There are an endless number of choices and figuring out which of the many types of caulk to use can be challenging. With …
Home maintenance isn't sexy but it's really important. When you do "preventive maintenance" you save time, money and headaches.
- Time - you decide when things get done so you can prepare ahead with the right tools and materials.
- Money - maintenance helps you avoid repairs and make fixtures last longer ... both saving you money.
- Headaches - a leaking roof of air conditioner failing in the middle of the night is never fun!
All Home Maintenance Articles
- Caulking Confusion: Too Many Types of Caulk
- Caulking FAQs for Homeowners
- Home Safety Checklist
- Top 20 Spring Home Maintenance Projects
- What’s Your Homeowner Personality?
- 10 Low Maintenance Building Materials that Save Time
- Caulking Windows Inside and Outside
- Getting Started with Home Maintenance Basics
- Fall Home Maintenance Tips
- Why & Where to Caulk Around Your Home
- 6 Home Maintenance Tools You Really Need
- Spring Home Maintenance Projects – Who Should Do What?
- Spring Home Maintenance – Who’s the Expert?
- 5 Fall Home Maintenance Jobs to Tackle Early
- Organizing a Home Maintenance Calendar
- Juggling Home Ownership as a Busy Professional
- 6 Home Maintenance Tools No Homeowner Should be Without
- Your Home Maintenance Schedule
- 11 Homeowner Do It Yourself Safety Tips
- Top 9 Exterior Home Maintenance Projects
- Exterior Home Maintenance Checklist to Inspect Your Home
- Home Maintenance Priorities When There’s Never Enough Time?
- Home Maintenance: Products That Save Time
- Home Maintenance Can $ave You Money
- Vacation Homes, Vacant Homes and Winter
- Fall Foliage & Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
Caulking is a material used to seal small gaps (joints or seams) between materials used in home construction. The goal is to prevent leakage through these gaps. In houses, the leaks can involve air moving between a home's conditioned interior areas and unconditioned space like the attic. Water leaks …
Some home maintenance tasks are obvious. When a lightbulb burns out, you've got to replace the lightbulb. But we forget about things like smoke alarms until one goes off or our heating and cooling system stops working. That's why we've created a home safety checklist to help you take proactive steps …
Spring home maintenance is probably one of the more enjoyable times of year to work around your house. If you live up north, you're excited to finally get outdoors after a long winter. If you live in the south, you know that the heat will arrive soon so you want to finish up outdoor chores best done …
We're all different. That's why there isn't a one approach to managing your home. The sooner you find your homeowner personality, the sooner you'll relax knowing you've got a plan to manage everything ... from routine maintenance to emergencies and more. Identifying Your Homeowner …
We work hard all week so it's not surprising that more homeowners are looking for solutions that reduce the amount of time needed to maintain their homes. When you combine this goal with plans for home improvements, using low maintenance building materials makes a lot of sense. You might also …