Saving the environment doesn't require spending lots of money. It's more about making small changes to how we live our lives on a day to day basis. It means learning how our actions affect the rest of the world. By understanding how things impact the environment, we hope you'll want to …
The coronavirus has turned our world upside down. Our homes have become a safe haven from this disease which can't be seen. But we need to take precautions to keep our family and homes safe during this pandemic.
Indoor air quality (IAQ) is key to making sure family members don't get sick due to lead paint, mold and now viruses. We also cover things like eating healthy, exercising and tips to make your home safe for your family and guests.
All Healthy & Safe Articles
- 100 Ways to Save the Environment & Enhance Your Home
- 10 Tips to Improve Indoor Air Quality & Live Healthy Lives
- Green Cleaning Products for Healthy Homes
- Smoke Detector, From Ordinary to Connected
- Home Safety Checklist
- Breathe Healthy INSIDE Your Home
- How to Create a Food Basket to Donate
- Food Insecurity in Our Own Backyard
- Celebrating Thanksgiving During a Pandemic
- Protecting Indoor Air Quality at Home
- What We Touch in Our Homes
- How Mold Can Affect Your Health
- Home Security Tips for Your Castle (Home)
- Smart Home Products to Watch
- Green Houses Renewable, Sustainable or ???
- Get Your Lead Paint Test Kit Today
- Eating Healthy & Pesticides in Fresh Produce?
- 4 Types of Lead Paint Detection
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Getting More Focus
- Indoor Air Quality Tips for a Healthier Home
- Your Home & Preparing for Winter Storms
- Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Home
- Precycling To Avoid Recycling
- Why Lead Paint is Everyone’s Problem
- 6 Features of Sustainable Homes
- Vacant Homes May be a Target for Teen Parties
- Home Inspections, GFCIs, Smoke Detectors & Home Safety
- A Drinkable Book Cleans Water & Saves Lives
- 11 Homeowner Do-It-Yourself Safety Tips
- Stop Buying Water Bottles – A Friday Find
- Easy Green Home Improvements for Your Home
- Home Safety Tips for Holiday Entertaining
- Digging a Hole is Safe When You Call 811
- Saving Water at Home Makes WaterSense
- Wondering What Green Products Are?
- Recycle E-Waste for a Greener World
- Green Building & LEED Certification
- Building a House & the Greenspiration Home
- Free Heat with Passive Solar Design
- What’s the Real Deal on Solar Powered Homes?
- Eco Homes: Energy, Water & Air Quality
- Eco Home In Your Future?
- Summer Fun, Home Safety and Kids
- Understanding Moisture, Mold & Mildew
- Is There Pollution Inside Your Home?
- What’s Hot & Preparing for Extreme Heat
- Surviving the Heat Wave
- Green Homes for Our Children’s Future
- Green Home Design & Deconstruction
- Home Safety Tips When You’re Traveling
- Carbon Monoxide, The Silent Killer at Home
- Help! Fire Trucks Outside My House?
- Lead Poisoning & Lead-Safe Rules from the EPA
- Incredible Recycling Resource Locator
- Cleaning Products: Are They Safe?
- How Safe are Our Homes: Part 1
- Green Peas, Paint & Healthy Lifestyle Choices
- What is Healthy Air?
- Protect Your Family from Fire
- Safety Tips 4 Your Home
- Burn Prevention: Keep Your Loved Ones Safe
- VOC? Do I Care About this New Acronym?
You work hard to stay healthy, eating the right foods and getting lots of exercise. The air you breathe also affects your health but it's harder to make sure it's clean because you can't see it or feel it. And you don't want to wait until you get sick or one of your children is diagnosed with …
Green cleaning products can make your home healthier and save you money. Curious about the connection between green cleaning and healthy? Our homes are getting more airtight to save energy and that means the air inside our house doesn't get exchanged frequently enough with cleaner, outdoor …
Everyone knows what a smoke detector looks like, or do you? They're typically small, round, white disk shaped devices that are mounted on the ceiling. Smoke detectors work using several different approaches outlined on Wikipedia, with the goal to sound an alarm if smoke is detected. Smoke …
Some home maintenance tasks are obvious. When a lightbulb burns out, you've got to replace the lightbulb. But we forget about things like smoke alarms until one goes off or our heating and cooling system stops working. That's why we've created a home safety checklist to help you take proactive steps …
This hot, dry summer created the ideal environment for explosive wildfire conditions across the Western US. Many communities saw significant losses, with homes and forests destroyed in hours. The effects of this devastation were felt a surprising distance away. Smoke, soot and particle pollution …