Painting is probably the most common DIY project a homeowner tackles. Painting an entire house is an entirely different endeavor. In Arizona where ceilings went as high as 16 feet (above), we decided to hire professional painters. House painting is even more challenging with a new house so you're …
Who hasn't painted a few walls? After all, painting is the most popular DIY project for homeowners. Picking paint colors isn't easy and picking the right paint finish is even harder.
We help you with important decisions like calculating how much paint to buy. There are tips to prep for the best results and picking the right tools as a good paint brush can make a huge difference.
All Painting & Color Articles
- New House Painting Done Right?
- Which Paint Brushes Does a Homeowner Need?
- DIY Wood Stain Guide for Beginners
- How Many Types of Paint Finishes Are There?
- Calculating How Much Paint to Buy
- Barn Red Brightens Up the Countryside
- Color Trends: Where Do They Come From?
- Paint Colors and Lighting
- Understanding Paint Finishes: Matte, Eggshell, Satin …
- Bathroom Paint Colors are Baffling
- Building a Color Pallet Based on Your Tile
- Painting Tips for Homeowners
- Painting Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make
- How to Safely Dispose of Paint
- Chalkboard Paints: What You Need to Know
- Color Wash Paint Perfect for Old Houses
- 2017 Home Color Trends to Inspire You
- My Favorite Painting Tools to Save You Time & Money
- Get Your Lead Paint Test Kit Today
- 4 Types of Lead Paint Detection
- The 2016 Benjamin Moore Paint Color of the Year Is . . .
- Disneyland Decorating with Go Away Green
- Why Lead Paint is Everyone’s Problem
- Paint Colors Come from Where?
- Colorful Ideas for Painting Kids Bedrooms
- Boxing Paint for Color Consistency
- VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Dreaming About Wall Coverings For a New House
- Picking Exterior Paint Colors
- Friday’s Find, Fantastic Faux Art Painter
- Decorating With Kids
- Removing Wallpaper, A Homeowner’s Story
- 9 Tips for Adding Color to Brighten Your Home
- Painting a Tween Room, A Mom-Daughter Project
- Cleaning Paint Brushes, Part 2
- Painting Cleanup: Learning From the Pros
- Painting Tips From A Pro
- How to Clean Paint Brushes, Part 1
- Painting a Room & Picking Colors that Wow!
- Emerald is Pantone’s Pick for 2013
- Paint Color Trends for 2011
- Paint Color and Selling Your Home
- Wallpaper Frequently Asked Questions
- Lead Poisoning & Lead-Safe Rules from the EPA
- Lead Paint Facts & Figures to Keep Your Family Safe
- Green Peas, Paint & Healthy Lifestyle Choices
- Help, What Paint Finish Do I Want?
- Paint Your Home Green
- VOC? Do I Care About this New Acronym?
For great painting results, make sure you use the best paint brushes and paint you can afford. It will make the time you spend painting worth it and you'll get to enjoy the results for years. Painting is one of the most popular decorating projects used by homeowners to give their home a new look. …
Getting a great DIY result on a wood stain project doesn't have to be rocket science. But it does take a little planning on the front end. There's more to staining wood than brushing on the stain and sealing it. If you've got a woodworking project that you're anxious to stain, here's what you'll …
Have you tried to buy white paint and gotten confused because there are 100s of white paints? With many types of paint finishes, picking the right finish or sheen is just as difficult.And with no industry standard for paint sheens, it's no wonder most homeowners are confused. One company's …
Buying paint is easy, but you've got to figure out how much paint to buy. You have to know the condition of the walls, ceiling and/or trim you'll be painting, and whether you need a coat of primer first. You also want to include enough paint for touch-ups later on. This is true whether you're hiring …
Barn red is a color most people recognize. But why red? Why is red traditionally used for painting barns? First you want to ask yourself, why paint a barn in the first place? It's just a house for animals. Why go through the trouble? A lot of people think you paint a barn or house to make it …