We're all good at some things and should admit we can't be good at everything. Maybe you studied art or interior design in school and love picking paint colors. But I suspect most of you reading this article are like me ... and picking paint colors for my houses isn't something I do well. This …
Who hasn't painted a few walls? After all, painting is the most popular DIY project for homeowners. Picking paint colors isn't easy and picking the right paint finish is even harder.
We help you with important decisions like calculating how much paint to buy. There are tips to prep for the best results and picking the right tools as a good paint brush can make a huge difference.
All Painting & Color Articles
- Picking Exterior Paint Colors
- Popular Eggshell Paint Finish
- Orange Peel Texture On Your Walls?
- Matte Paint: Same as Flat Paint?
- New House Painting Done Right?
- Which Paint Brushes Does a Homeowner Need?
- DIY Wood Stain Guide for Beginners
- How Many Types of Paint Finishes Are There?
- Calculating How Much Paint to Buy
- Barn Red Brightens Up the Countryside
- Color Trends: Where Do They Come From?
- Paint Colors and Lighting
- Understanding Paint Finishes: Matte, Eggshell, Satin …
- Bathroom Paint Colors are Baffling
- Building a Color Pallet Based on Your Tile
- Painting Tips for Homeowners
- Painting Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make
- How to Safely Dispose of Paint
- Chalkboard Paints: What You Need to Know
- Color Wash Paint Perfect for Old Houses
- 2017 Home Color Trends to Inspire You
- Best Painting Tools to Save Time & Money
- Get Your Lead Paint Test Kit Today
- 4 Types of Lead Paint Detection
- The 2016 Benjamin Moore Paint Color of the Year Is . . .
- Disneyland Decorating with Go Away Green
- Why Lead Paint is Everyone’s Problem
- Paint Colors Come from Where?
- Colorful Ideas for Painting Kids Bedrooms
- Boxing Paint for Color Consistency
- VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Dreaming About Wall Coverings For a New House
- Friday’s Find, Fantastic Faux Art Painter
- Decorating With Kids
- Removing Wallpaper, A Homeowner’s Story
- 9 Tips for Adding Color to Brighten Your Home
- Painting a Tween Room, A Mom-Daughter Project
- Cleaning Paint Brushes, Part 2
- Painting Cleanup: Learning From the Pros
- Painting Tips From A Pro
- How to Clean Paint Brushes, Part 1
- Painting a Room & Picking Colors that Wow!
- Emerald is Pantone’s Pick for 2013
- Paint Color Trends for 2011
- Paint Color and Selling Your Home
- Wallpaper Frequently Asked Questions
- Lead Poisoning & Lead-Safe Rules from the EPA
- Lead Paint Facts & Figures to Keep Your Family Safe
- Help, What Paint Finish Do I Want?
- Paint Your Home Green
Popular Eggshell Paint Finish
Eggshell paint falls above the low or no lustre paints (flat and matte) at the bottom of the paint finish scale. Just above eggshell paint is satin paint with a slightly higher gloss. For good coverage of imperfections in your walls along with a small amount of gloss, eggshell seems to be the most …
Orange Peel Texture On Your Walls?
Chances are if your walls aren't smooth, they have an orange peel texture on them. Not long ago smooth walls were standard but there are benefits to adding texture to walls and ceilings. Most textured finishes eliminate the skill needed to create a perfectly smooth surface saving builders time and …
Matte Paint: Same as Flat Paint?
Matte paint is one of two "no sheen" paints. The other one is flat finish paints. Some websites don't even mention matte paint or ... imply they're different names for the same type of paint. When you dig further, you can find out what makes matte paint different. Names matter so lets start by …
New House Painting Done Right?
Painting is probably the most common DIY project a homeowner tackles. Painting an entire house is an entirely different endeavor. In Arizona where ceilings went as high as 16 feet (above), we decided to hire professional painters. House painting is even more challenging with a new house so you're …
Which Paint Brushes Does a Homeowner Need?
For great painting results, make sure you use the best paint brushes and paint you can afford. It will make the time you spend painting worth it and you'll get to enjoy the results for years. Painting is one of the most popular decorating projects used by homeowners to give their home a new look. …
Continue Reading about Which Paint Brushes Does a Homeowner Need?