Maybe I didn't realize how harsh this past winter was but it's making me realize how wonderful the good weather is now that it's here. It's time to plant the flower boxes and freshen up the outdoor furniture, or maybe it's time to buy some new outdoor chairs?
Decisions When Picking Outdoor Chairs & Furniture
Do you sometimes feel like decorating outdoors has different rules than indoors? Certainly the materials used in outdoor chairs is different, but what about style and color? There are several things to consider when buying outdoor chairs but we don't always realize what they are until it's too late.
- What is your primary need for outdoor furniture? Do you want a table and chairs for eating, and do you want the outdoor chairs to do double duty for relaxing and reading a good book?
- Do you want to coordinate more than one furniture grouping? And is it important that the outdoor chairs match in style, materials and color?
- Do you want outdoor chairs with cushions? Or would you prefer some type of mesh fabric that's easier to keep clean and store if you put things away out of season?
- Do you have unique requirements like tall outdoor chairs so you can see over the railings on your deck?
- Do you prefer to change your outdoor furniture every few years, or want to invest in high quality furniture that will last for many years?
We're at an impasse on what type of outdoor furniture to buy. My husband wants taller outdoor chairs to see over the railings. We haven't been able to find a tall table that comfortably seats 4 to 6 people, so we're still using our Brown Jordan furniture that we've owned forever (20+ years).
So this time it made sense to shop online as the selection is much more extensive than any retail stores which carry just a few styles from a handful of manufacturers. Given the quality of my very first outdoor dining set from Brown Jordan, they're the only brand I'll consider … so here are some of my favorite designs.
The designs from Brown Jordan also confirmed that I don't need outdoor chairs with cushions, to sit comfortable at a table of lounge chair. Wishing you fun finding your new outdoor chairs.