Wondering why I'm writing about construction jobs for women? There are some great reasons that you probably aren't aware of. Construction jobs offer better pay equity than any other industry. In the US women earn about 80% and a whopping 93.4% of men's earnings for construction jobs according to the …
As a homeowner you have lots of projects to handle. Some tasks you'll enjoy doing, like painting a room. Other projects will require more specialized skills or tools.
Always remember that your first priority is making sure all critical tasks get done in a timely manner. When you don't have the time, skills and/or tools, don't be afraid to hire the right contractors to protect your investment.
All Hiring Contractors Articles
- Construction Jobs for Women
- 5 Ways to Check Contractor Qualifications
- The Customer Experience Roller Coaster
- Angie’s List, Home Advisor & Other Online Directories for Contractors
- Top 20 Jobs Include Women in Construction
- Tina Gleisner, Homeowner Advocate
- Working with Contractors: What Women Deserve!
- Hiring a Kitchen Contractor
- Building a Team of Home Repair Contractors
- Working with Home Professionals
- Which Home Exterior Repairs Need a Contractor
- What Is In A Home Builder Proposal?
- Why Hiring a Contractor is So Difficult
- Types of Contractor Estimates (2 of 3)
- Computers to Houses: Suits to Sweatshirts
- Contractor Estimates Are NEVER Free!
- Hardware Stores, Home Repairs & Guys
- Remodeling & Home Repair Estimates: Honesty or Sales Tool?
- Finding the Perfect Custom Home Builder
- Subcontractors & Who They Are
- Are Home Professionals Like Doctors?
Everyone has heard a few contractor horror stories or have one of your own. If you watch what's happening in Washington DC these days, you might realize lies and deception are everywhere. What homeowners don't realize is they're partially to blame when there are problems. You can spot most problems …
With our hectic lifestyles, we often skip the due diligence once used to make smart, savvy decisions. And while I understand that perfection often isn't possible or affordable, my preference is to work with people I like and trust. So if you make decisions too quickly, or base a decision solely on …
Chances are you’re familiar with Angie’s List, even if you haven’t subscribed to their referral service. Maybe you’ve used Home Advisor (formerly known as Service Magic) or other online directories like Yelp, Merchant Circle or Manta? If you’ve lived in your town for many years, and have lots …
Did you grow up helping your parents maintain your home? Do you like working with your hands, versus sitting at a desk or staring at a computer all day? Are you looking for a career where you can make more money? Maybe it's time to explore the many opportunities for women in construction, and you …
Like many women in construction, Tina Gleisner didn't finish school dreaming about running a handyman business or educating homeowners. She wanted to be a teacher but student teaching showed her that schools didn't offer the flexibility she needed to be creative and make things happen. So …