Our world is changing, our lives are changing. This series of articles will explore how climate change will affect home values, home construction and our lives. The challenge is huge due to the number of players involved. They must work together in order to improve American lives ... while meeting …
Can't find the house of your dreams? Building a house is the perfect solution to creating the house you want ... where you want to live. It's also a lot more work than you might expect.
We'll guide you through the key decisions:
- Finding a building lot in the community where you want to live. Sometimes the builder comes with the lot.
- Picking a builder experienced with the style of house you want to build.
- Working with an architect to draw up plans or modify a stock plan you've fallen in love with.
- Making decisions, lots of them about everything from window style to cabinets, flooring and so much more.
All Building a House Articles
- How Climate Changes Will Affect Home Construction
- What Are House Elevations?
- How the Pandemic is Changing House Features
- Buying a House in Florida: Learn the Pitfalls
- What Are Production Home Builders?
- Should I Build a One-Story House
- Richmond American Profits Over Quality
- New House Painting Done Right?
- New Construction Punchlist Tells a Story
- Bathroom Shower Tile Done Wrong!
- Home Building Companies & Production Builders
- Rebar, Short for Reinforcing Bar
- What are Lintels & How They Hold Your House Up
- Building vs Buying a Home: Can You Do Both?
- Building a House & Picking Your Building Lot
- Custom Home Builders: Who They Are & What They Do
- New Concept for Family Vacation Resorts
- Lally Column or Basement Floor Jack
- 3 House Building Mistakes to Avoid
- Building a Business Can Be Harder than Building a House
- Home Design Trends & The New American Home
- Mid-Century Modern House in Phoenix, Arizona
- 2016 New American Home Las Vegas
- Building Permit (or Construction Permit)
- Certificate of Occupancy
- My House is Built with Styrofoam Insulation?
- How One Family Used a Tiny House to Rebuild Their Life
- 5 Reasons Why Home Buyers Choose New Construction
- Picking Low Maintenance Features When Building a House
- Building a House & Homeowner Allowances
- Universal Design Tips for Independent Living
- Building a Home From Scratch, A Homeowner Story
- What Is In A Home Builder Proposal?
- Staying Warm With an Open Floor Plan
- Luxury Homes Defined
- Building on Your Lot
- Victorian Houses Have Lots of Personality
- Bigger Houses Don’t Equal Better Houses
- Architecture, Bridges & Houses
- Home Floor Plans – Smaller & Bigger
- Custom Home Designs for Multi-Generations
- Colonial Homes, A Popular American Home
- Luxury Custom Homes Are Like Custom, Heirloom Quality Furniture
- Home Builder Warranty – What’s Included or Not
- Custom Houses: Matching House Style & Location
- Designing With A Home Architect & Builder
- Finding the Perfect Custom Home Builder
- Home Additions: Cost & Value at Resale
- Home Additions Add Needed Living Space
- Loft Open Floor Plans – Loft or Open Rooms?
- Home Construction and Build USA
- Home Trends Changing for Multigenerational Households
- Building a House: Who Picks What?
- Stairs You Won’t Believe … Really!
- Design-Build Can Save You Money
- Stairs and Building Codes?
- Green Home Design & Deconstruction
Drive through a community and you'll assume there are 20, 30 or more different house styles. In reality, new home builders will only build six to eight house plans in a development. But each house floor plan comes with two, three or more different house elevation styles. So what are house …
The past year has found us spending far more hours at home. People are working from home, children are attending school at home, we're exercising at home and socializing with family and friends online ... from home. So it's time to identify the changing house features we need to accommodate our …
People have many reasons for moving to Florida. My move to Florida was focused on spending more time with my boys and granddaughter. My priority for buying a house in Florida was being ten to 15 minutes from my granddaughter. I love being able to babysit and drive home in just six minutes! In …
There are many different types of home builders, from those that build a few houses each year (custom builders) to companies that build hundreds and even thousands of homes a year. Production home builders are companies really, who build hundreds or thousands of homes each year. There are two …
When you look at house plans, what are your top three priorities? Your choices may be based on the house you grew up in or the neighborhood where you'd like to live. With young children space might be more important. Older homeowners often want a one-story house so they don't have to worry about …