Saving the environment doesn't require spending lots of money. It's more about making small changes to how we live our lives on a day to day basis. It means learning how our actions affect the rest of the world. By understanding how things impact the environment, we hope you'll want to …
Homeowner budgets are challenging. The monthly recurring expenses aren't difficult. While there's some variation in water and electric bills, they're fairly predictable. It's the unpredictable homeowner expenses that are hard to predict so you've got to come up with estimates for:
- Preventive maintenance, both materials and labor.
- Repairs big and small that occur every year, like a new mailbox or window.
- Major renovations like a new roof or HVAC system. They're needed every few years and by saving in advance, they're easier to manage when the time comes.
You'll also want to plan, budget and save for home improvements like a bathroom remodel or new kitchen appliances.
All Homeowner Budget Articles
- 100 Ways to Save the Environment & Enhance Your Home
- 36 Ways to Lower Your Energy Usage & Your Electric Bill
- Help the War: Save Energy & Oil
- How to Remove Escrow Account from Mortgage
- Plan Now for Future Water Shortages
- Ready to Refinance Your Mortgage?
- How the Electric Grid Delivers Power to Houses
- How to Track Homeowner Expenses
- Property Taxes: What You Need to Know
- What is Net Neutrality & Why It Matters!
- True Cost of Home Ownership
- Proposed Tax Changes & Home Ownership
- How to Calculate Your Home Office Deduction
- How to Pay a Lower Verizon Bill
- Fact or Fiction: Why Homeowner Fact Checking is Important
- A Homeowner Budget to Avoid Problems
- Moving & Projecting Utility Costs
- Home Builder Warranty – What’s Included or Not
- Energy Savings & Home Envelopes?
- Why Utilities Give Poor Customer Service?
- Save Money with Preventive Maintenance
- Be Careful When Cancelling Your Utilities
- Recycling: Yard Sale Tips to Save $$
- Cleaning $aves Carpets & Furniture
The news offers lots of reasons for skyrocketing energy costs. This article shows you the actions you can take to lower your energy usage which in turn will lower your electric bill. This isn't wishful thinking. It's possible with simple, mostly free, changes to how you use energy at …
Energy remains relatively cheap in the US, compared to other countries around the world. We use more energy than most countries (only 10 countries use more on a per capita basis), so we have lots of opportunities to save energy ... and contribute to the global crisis in Ukraine. CountryPer …
As a homeowner, the best escrow decision you can make is to refuse to use an escrow account when closing on a new mortgage. This is the only point in the process where you're in control. Once you've allowed an escrow account to be setup, you're at the mercy of the mortgage servicer. They control the …
Climate change once seemed like something for future generations to worry about. But now it affects our everyday lives. We've already seen its impact with wildfires, hurricanes and unusual temperature spikes. We’re also used to higher energy costs. But for most people, the next resource to hit your …
Mortgage rates have been low for a long time. You've probably thought about refinancing your mortgage but aren't sure if now is the right time. Regardless of how long you've owned your house, this decision should be considered carefully. It's not cheap to refinance your mortgage, so let's walk …