You search for the lowest mortgage rate. You spend weeks giving your mortgage lender the required documentation. You get through your closing and think you're done. About a week after closing, most buyers get a letter from their lender introducing a mortgage servicer who you're to mail your mortgage …
Buying a house can be challenging. It's also good preparation for the homeowner responsibilities you'll assume to protect the investment you've made. Beyond the mortgage, taxes and insurance, you'll have higher utility costs, along with home maintenance and repairs.
All Financing a Home Articles
- What is a Mortgage Servicer?
- Bad Appraisal or Bad Appraiser?
- Mortgage Closing Paperwork Can Be Overwhelming
- Can’t Pay Your Mortgage? Forbearance Might Help
- Documents Needed for a Mortgage Application
- Letter to Allstate: Time to End Gender Bias
- What’s the Right Down Payment on a House?
- Band-Aid Loans (Mortgages)
- Cancellation of Debt (COD)
- Recourse or Non-Recourse Loan?
- Is it Worth it to Refinance Your Home?
- Finances & Making Sure You’re Ready to Buy a House
- Managing the Home Mortgage Process
- Let Your Monthly Budget Be Your Home Buying Guide
- Debt-to-Income Ratios
- Invest in Your Home for Retirement Savings
- New Mortgage Calculators for Buy vs Rent
- Understanding What Affects Home Affordability
- The Foreclosure Process, A Homeowner’s Nightmare
- Tax Benefits of Owning a Home
- Condo Financing Comes with BIG Penalty
While I've seen some ridiculous appraisals, the rules are pretty straight forward so the results are fairly predictable. After purchasing 15 homes plus multiple refinances, it was time to refinance my new home in Florida. What I didn't expect was a bad appraisal. After my rebuttal (my first) …
Today I'm wrapping up refinancing for my Florida house. I've done lots of closings in person, a few mail closings and today is my first online closing. You can laugh but I'm actually excited. As I review and sign-off on each document, it's the perfect time to document the title and purpose. This …
What happens when you can't pay your mortgage? If you have a federally backed mortgages, a new federal law, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, gives you the right to request a forbearance for up to 180 days (plus an extension for up to another 180 days). If you don’t …
Completing a mortgage application is never easy, even if you've done it before! You'll have to submit lots of documents and waste hours finding the necessary documentation, scanning pages and pages so ultimately you can upload all these documents to the lender you've picked. You can fight the …
This article is meant to change the culture at Allstate, and other corporations like them, that to date do not recognize the gender bias built into their business processes. I have been treated respectfully by my Allstate insurance agents. Sadly they have little/no influence on changing the way …