As a homeowner, the best escrow decision you can make is to refuse to use an escrow account when closing on a new mortgage. This is the only point in the process where you're in control. Once you've allowed an escrow account to be setup, you're at the mercy of the mortgage servicer. They control the …
Buying a house can be challenging. It's also good preparation for the homeowner responsibilities you'll assume to protect the investment you've made. Beyond the mortgage, taxes and insurance, you'll have higher utility costs, along with home maintenance and repairs.
All Financing a Home Articles
- How to Remove Escrow Account from Mortgage
- Escrow Accounts: What They Are? Do You Need One?
- Ready to Refinance Your Mortgage?
- What is a Mortgage Servicer?
- Bad Appraisal or Bad Appraiser?
- Mortgage Closing Paperwork Can Be Overwhelming
- Can’t Pay Your Mortgage? Forbearance Might Help
- Documents Needed for a Mortgage Application
- Letter to Allstate: Time to End Gender Bias
- What’s the Right Down Payment on a House?
- Band-Aid Loans (Mortgages)
- Cancellation of Debt (COD)
- Recourse or Non-Recourse Loan?
- Is it Worth it to Refinance Your Home?
- Finances & Making Sure You’re Ready to Buy a House
- Managing the Home Mortgage Process
- Let Your Monthly Budget Be Your Home Buying Guide
- Debt-to-Income Ratios
- Invest in Your Home for Retirement Savings
- New Mortgage Calculators for Buy vs Rent
- Understanding What Affects Home Affordability
- The Foreclosure Process, A Homeowner’s Nightmare
- Tax Benefits of Owning a Home
- Condo Financing Comes with BIG Penalty
Buying a house can be overwhelming, especially for first time home buyers. Rather than making the home buying process easy for buyers to understand, the real estate and mortgage industry heap piles of paperwork with confusing terminology on consumers. The concept of escrow accounts is pretty simple …
Mortgage rates have been low for a long time. You've probably thought about refinancing your mortgage but aren't sure if now is the right time. Regardless of how long you've owned your house, this decision should be considered carefully. It's not cheap to refinance your mortgage, so let's walk …
You search for the lowest mortgage rate. You spend weeks giving your mortgage lender the required documentation. You get through your closing and think you're done. About a week after closing, most buyers get a letter from their lender introducing a mortgage servicer who you're to mail your mortgage …
While I've seen some ridiculous appraisals, the rules are pretty straight forward so the results are fairly predictable. After purchasing 15 homes plus multiple refinances, it was time to refinance my new home in Florida. What I didn't expect was a bad appraisal. After my rebuttal (my first) …
Today I'm wrapping up refinancing for my Florida house. I've done lots of closings in person, a few mail closings and today is my first online closing. You can laugh but I'm actually excited. As I review and sign-off on each document, it's the perfect time to document the title and purpose. This …