Fall is an exciting time of year. The kids go back to school so you have more free time … maybe? It's also when you start planning for all the year end holidays, from Halloween and Thanksgiving through to New Years. It's also when you want to get your home ready for cooler weather and depending on where you live, nasty winter storms that can harm your plants and damage your home. To save you time, this article gathers all my fall home maintenance tips in one place. So happy fall!
Fall Home Maintenance Checklists
This house key maintenance schedule (above) was so creative, I had to share it. It does a nice job of visually showing you how you can spread preventive maintenance tasks throughout the year. More often homeowners will create their home management calendar in a Word document or spreadsheet. To keep your list in whatever format you pick handy, tape it inside your upper kitchen cabinet doors.
- Fall Leaves & Home Maintenance Checklist – is a comprehensive list of home maintenance tasks covering how to inspect, how to maintain and reasons to update various home features.
- Your Home Maintenance Schedule – provides a simple 3 page list of the most important fall home maintenance tasks, plus the same for the other seasons.
Fall Home Maintenance Tips
- 5 Fall Home Maintenance Jobs to Tackle Early – as these all require you to work outdoors. That means you want to get them done before it gets too cold, and you can't do them when it's raining (or snowing).
- Is Fireplace Maintenance on Your Fall Schedule? – outlines common fireplace (and chimney) problems and how a chimney sweep can help you maintain your fireplace.
- Property Mantenance Tips for Cleaning Vinyl Siding – reviews the tools and recipes for cleaning your vinyl siding.
- Exterior Home Maintenance Checklist to Inspect Your Home – walks you through the home components to inspect from the roof, down the siding to the foundation and yardwork.
Home Maintenance Tips To Save Time & Money
- Tips for Organizing Home Maintenance Projects – so they don't overwhelm you. Home maintenance is truly preventive maintenance, to save you time and money ,.. but only if the tasks actually get done. Get tips on simplying this important homeowner job.
- Home Maintenance Products that Save Time – aren't cheap when you only compare the purchase cost. You need to look at the total cost of ownership that includes purchase costs, install costs, operating costs and replacement costs as a hot water heater that lasts twice as long is much cheaper that its' low cost cousin.