A homeowner library can make your journey easier!
The home repair books you'll find below include:
- Starting with basic home repair books.
- Books to help you with electrical (wiring) home repairs.
- Learn about plumbing home repair books.
- Books so you can talk to your home repair professionals about HVAC and appliances, with confidence.
Basic Home Repair Books
When starting out, you want a book that covers the basics from tools to concepts and step-by-step directions for the most common home repairs. So here are the features I've found most important when picking books for my library.
- An overview of the basic tools every homeowner needs to handle basic home repairs.
- Chapters on key home feature making it easy to find the information you need.
- An introduction to home construction concepts and terminology, like Creative Homeowner's roof anatomy shown above … from their Ultimate Guide to Home Repair.
For those who prefer more of a task orientation, these are home repair books worth checking out:
Your house is dependent on several key systems – electrical, plumbing and HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning). These are systems because there are many parts that work together and if one breaks, you need to understand how the parts fit together.
Electrical (Wiring) Home Repair Books
There are hundreds of feet of wiring running throughout your home, connecting every switch and outlet back to your electrical panel. You'll want to read up on the right way to replace a light fixture or upgrade outlets to ones that include USB ports. These books will also help you identify problems better left for a licensed electrician to repair.
Plumbing Home Repair Books
Every homeowner will one day have to deal with a leaky toilet and/or water that continues filling the toilet tank forever. That's going to hurt your water bill and cause a lot more damage if you end up with water where it doesn't belong.