Guest – Alicia Couri
Wondering How You Can Do It All During the Holidays?
Everyone loves the holidays but often we (women) try to do too much. It’s easy to end up so exhausted we don’t enjoy ourselves. That’s why we’re hosting experts to share 24 holiday tips to help you re-balance how you spend your time and money during this holiday season. Today's tips focus on looking glamorous from morning to night, with some great makeup suggestions.
Favorite Holiday Activity
Alicia's favorite holiday activity is curling up with her husband and 3 children, to enjoy a day full of holiday movies. Yes, she's able to organize her other activities to free up this time and focus on what's important to her.
3 Tips: Holiday Glam on a Mom's Schedule
Alicia Couri, owner of AC Beauty, offers professional hair styling and makeup for weddings, special events and photo shoots in the greater Miami area. She's known as the “Radiance Refiner” and loves helping other makeup artists build their skills, so we're excited that she agreed to share some holiday glam tips with us here at Home Tips for Women.
The holidays are a time when an already schedule gets busier and of course, you want to do it all. So here are great tips from Alicia, to help you save time putting on your makeup in the morning, to transitioning for an evening of glamour.
- Separate your everyday makeup from your special occasion makeup, to make it easier to find what you want … quickly. Alicia believes you'll save time when you pare down your makeup, to just what you need for everyday:
- Apply your makeup in multiple, light layers in the morning. This will let you blot and build on what's there, so it's easy to get ready for a night out. Have fun with colors like gray, blue and purple, and shimmer powders are great fun.
- Always start with moisturizer, and give it time to hydrate your skin before applying makeup.
- Primer for you face and eyes.
- One (not several) palette with several shades of eye shadow.
- Eye liner and concealer.
- Mascara and eye lash curler.
- Eye brow pencil.
- Blush and face powder.
- Lipstick and/or gloss.
- Brushes and tweezers.
Bonus tip: For great photos, buy HD powders that are camera friendly. They don't contain mica or zinc, which can reflect light and make you look ghostly when you want holiday glam and great photos.
You'll have fun listening to Alicia and I talk about her tips, by clicking the recording …
Most Important Holiday Goal
In contrast with the hustle and bustle of the holidays, Alicia looks forward to spending time with her husband, 3 children and extended family even though it means traveling. This year is even more exciting as there's a wedding too.