Guest – Ginger Burr
Can you find your party clothes when it's time to get dressed?
Everyone loves the holidays but often we (women) try to do too much. It’s easy to end up so exhausted we don’t enjoy ourselves. That’s why we’re hosting experts to share 24 holiday tips to help you re-balance how you spend your time and money during this holiday season. We hope you enjoy these tips about closet organization so you can find your party clothes easily, get dressed and enjoy the night.
Favorite Holiday Activity
Ginger loves watching old holiday movies, ones she's been watching since she was a young girl. Her favorite holiday movie is White Christmas with Bing Crosby.
3 Tips: Closet Organization & Party Clothes
Ginger is an image consultant, Total Image Consultants. She helps women transform their wardrobes from “good enough” to reflect a personal style they love. She's seen many closets over the almost 30 years she's been helping women transform their looks. Ginger's tips on closet organization so you can find your party clothes reflect her experience and passion for helping women live the life they deserve.
- Plan ahead. It's time to put yourself on the priority list, and not at the bottom. When you go to holiday parties, you'll enjoy yourself so much more if you love what you're wearing. That's why a little planning ahead, and maybe an early gift for yourself are important.
- Only keep what you love to wear! Your closet might be full of things that are worn, or maybe you've never worn them (I've got some of these). Ginger believes you should only keep things you love to wear, and they should be easy to access. So are her secret tips for great closet organization:
- Each day, remove one thing you don't love and donate it (pack away for 6 months first if you're not ready to gift it).
- Organize everything else (clothes, shoes, accessories) by style and color. This will make it easy to find your party clothes.
- Replace your hangers. Get rid of your haphazard collection of mismatched hangers that make your closet look messy. According to Ginger, “Having all the same kind of hangers creates instant order and beauty!” She recommended BestHangers.com and beaded hangers for special outfits, so if you don't have time to make your own, you can buy them at HangersCouture.com.
If you'd like to listen to Ginger and I talking about her tips, click to listen to the recording …
Most Important Holiday Goal
With busy lives, Ginger looks forward to “peace and quiet” during the holidays. She prefers celebrating quietly with friends and loved ones.
Leave a Reply