Day 1 at the 2015 Home Show was exciting, seeing old friends and lots of new products. The blend of old and new was surprisingly comfortable as I walked the rows of exhibits in the Las Vegas Convention Center's south hall. While not the focus of any one exhibitor, what I learned is you can easily give your home a fresh new look and feel with just one or two new ideas.
This bedroom in one of the model homes temporarily built-out in the convention center parking lot, offers some insight into some of the 2015 home show themes (compare to last year's focus on textures). Geometrics are still popular, and comforting if you've invested in home accessories like those in this bedroom. What's new this year is more emphasis on natural lighting. More interior doors like the sliding barn door above, include glass to let sunlight flood more rooms in the house. At the same time and having recently moved to Arizona where the sunlight can get overwhelming, there are creative new ideas like the pergola style slats over the window behind me, that moderate how much sunlight (and heat) travels indoors.
So here's a quick recap of the trends unfolding at the 2015 home show, along with my favorite picks for day one … that you're sure to enjoy.
- Lots of iron doors seen throughout the show, taking the traditional storm door to an entirely new level.
- Technology will become pervasive in our homes along with home automation, like bluetooth enabled door locks.
- Barn doors – actual doors, the hardware and the idea applied to other products like the popular hidden door.
- Outdoor living space with a variety of glass walls, fixed but many slide to create integrated indoor-outdoor spaces.
- Noise control products to make sure when you're inside, you can find the peace and quiet you want.
- Of course storage but absolutely love this new idea for rotating corner closet cabinets (my favorite on day one).
- Fun picks – stainless steel baths for your pets and a beer taps that pop up from a kitchen cabinet.
- An emphasis on delivering more benefits to the homeowner, along with giving home professionals better tools and materials.
Favorite Pick Day of the 2015 Home Show
You're familiar with the various rotating, corner cabinet designs for your kitchen. Now you can get closet organizers that offer that same “use every inch of space” efficiency in your closet. Found late in the day, I need to return to this booth for more photos and can't wait to show you why this was my favorite pick of the show on day one of the 2015 home show.
More Great 2015 Home Ideas for You, Big and Small
Leave a Reply