We might see curtains everyday but most homeowners aren't experts at where to place them relative to the windows they frame. Everyone has their own decorating style and not everyone uses curtains. Sometimes they might not be comfortable installing curtains, so they'll use blinds or …
When you buy your first home, you're excited about decorating the way you want. There will also be repairs you can't ignore so our DIY home tips help you decide which repairs to tackle yourself, how to do them and when to hire a professional.
All DIY or Handyman Articles
- Installing Curtains: Where Do I Hang Them?
- What’s Your Homeowner Personality?
- Stay Safe, Stay Home, Stay Busy: 10 Easy Homeowner Projects
- Replacing Baseboard After a Flood
- Best Furniture Pads to Protect Floors
- Fun Ways to Organize Ribbon for Crafting
- Which Paint Brushes Does a Homeowner Need?
- How to Repair a Toilet: Learn Why & How to DIY
- How to Clean Siding for 6 Common Materials
- Learning How to Tape and Mud Drywall
- Caulking Windows Inside and Outside
- Installing Wood Floors: DIY Mistakes
- How to Clean a Dryer Vent
- 29 Ways to Stay Warm Indoors During the Winter
- Save Money & Bubble Wrap Windows
- Tile Tips for DIY
- Why & Where to Caulk Around Your Home
- Learning How to Caulk
- Plaster Home Repair: It’s Easier Than You Think
- 6 Home Maintenance Tools You Really Need
- DIY Websites, Blogs & Videos Worth Exploring
- Great How to Videos for Women
- Spring Home Maintenance Projects – Who Should Do What?
- How To Say Goodbye to Crooked Wall Hangings
- Building a Bedroom Privacy Wall
- How to Handle a Home Emergency on a Holiday
- Re-Caulking a Door
- Maintenance Tips for Cleaning Vinyl Siding
- Replacing a Sliding Door
- 6 Home Maintenance Tools No Homeowner Should be Without
- A Family Calendar Helps Avoid Confusion
- A DIY Bathroom Project Revisited
- 11 Homeowner Do It Yourself Safety Tips
- Do It Yourself & Learning Homeowner Skills
- Deck Maintenance with These 3 Quick Tips
- How to Perform a Home Energy Audit
- Essential Power Tools for Women
- Home Improvement Ideas that Boost Curb Appeal
- Homeowner Water Drainage Problems & Solutions
- Lazy Susan – Should I Install It Myself?
- Top 30 Home Repairs
- Duct Tape, Duck Tape … Magic & Myths
- Home Repairs: Do It Right or Do It Again!
- Home Repair or Home Band-Aid?
- Home Repair: Lost & Found at Lowes
- Caulking Basics: How to Pick the Right Caulk
- House Numbers You Can Read
- Firewood: Tips on Buying & Storing
- Kitchen Cabinets in the Closet?
- Replacing Washing Machine Hoses
- You (Yes) Can be a Handywoman or Handyman
- Why Driveway Sealcoating Makes Good Sense
- Pressure Washing: When Why & Who
- Wood Floors & Ongoing Maintenance
- Ceiling Fans: Summer and Winter?
- Weatherstripping Can Save You Money
- Who’s Changing the Toilet Seat?
Identifying Your Homeowner Personality Here's how you can identify your homeowner personality. In fact, how you deal with homeowner tasks will be similar to how you handle other responsibilities. Proactive or Reactive - Do you like getting out in front of problems to take …
You're probably home and getting cabin fever. What better time to tackle some of the homeowner projects you've been putting off for months, maybe years? That's why we've put together these 10 easy projects to help you stay busy at home. Everyone likes to do different things, so here are …
Every house has baseboard which is installed when a house is built. You might replace your baseboard when remodeling or refinishing your floors. If your house floods, replacing baseboard will be one of the many things needed to return your home to it's pre-flood condition. The big question is when …
When you move into a brand new house you want to decorate, organize and protect your home so it sparkles forever. Furniture pads will let you move furniture around, knowing your floors are protected from scratches and gouges. The challenge is finding the best furniture pads for your floors and …
Organizing crafts in your home can be challenging. With lots of quilting fabric, there's enough shelf space for fabric but not enough room for the extras - ribbon, books and more. Learn how to organize ribbon so you're ready for the next project. As I'm still unpacking from my move to …