Caulking is a skill every homeowner should develop. Knowing how to caulk isn't an obvious skill the way most homeowners recognize they should learn how to paint a room. Caulking is more important than painting. The investment is manageable with caulking tools that are fairly inexpensive and you can …
When you buy your first home, you're excited about decorating the way you want. There will also be repairs you can't ignore so our DIY home tips help you decide which repairs to tackle yourself, how to do them and when to hire a professional.
All DIY or Handyman Articles
- Caulking Tools, Tips & Tricks
- Caulking Confusion: Too Many Types of Caulk
- Caulking FAQs for Homeowners
- Installing Curtains: Where Do I Hang Them?
- What’s Your Homeowner Personality?
- Stay Safe, Stay Home, Stay Busy: 10 Easy Homeowner Projects
- Replacing Baseboard After a Flood
- Best Furniture Pads to Protect Floors
- Fun Ways to Organize Ribbon for Crafting
- Which Paint Brushes Does a Homeowner Need?
- How to Repair a Toilet: Learn Why & How to DIY
- How to Clean Siding for 6 Common Materials
- Learning How to Tape and Mud Drywall
- Caulking Windows Inside and Outside
- Installing Wood Floors: DIY Mistakes
- How to Clean a Dryer Vent
- 29 Ways to Stay Warm Indoors During the Winter
- Save Money & Bubble Wrap Windows
- Tile Tips for DIY
- Why & Where to Caulk Around Your Home
- Learning How to Caulk
- Plaster Home Repair: It’s Easier Than You Think
- 6 Home Maintenance Tools You Really Need
- DIY Websites, Blogs & Videos Worth Exploring
- Great How to Videos for Women
- Spring Home Maintenance Projects – Who Should Do What?
- How To Say Goodbye to Crooked Wall Hangings
- Building a Bedroom Privacy Wall
- How to Handle a Home Emergency on a Holiday
- Re-Caulking a Door
- Maintenance Tips for Cleaning Vinyl Siding
- Replacing a Sliding Door
- 6 Home Maintenance Tools No Homeowner Should be Without
- A Family Calendar Helps Avoid Confusion
- A DIY Bathroom Project Revisited
- 11 Homeowner Do It Yourself Safety Tips
- Do It Yourself & Learning Homeowner Skills
- Deck Maintenance with These 3 Quick Tips
- How to Perform a Home Energy Audit
- Essential Power Tools for Women
- Home Improvement Ideas that Boost Curb Appeal
- Homeowner Water Drainage Problems & Solutions
- Lazy Susan – Should I Install It Myself?
- Top 30 Home Repairs
- Duct Tape, Duck Tape … Magic & Myths
- Home Repairs: Do It Right or Do It Again!
- Home Repair or Home Band-Aid?
- Home Repair: Lost & Found at Lowes
- House Numbers You Can Read
- Firewood: Tips on Buying & Storing
- Kitchen Cabinets in the Closet?
- Replacing Washing Machine Hoses
- You (Yes) Can be a Handywoman or Handyman
- Why Driveway Sealcoating Makes Good Sense
- Pressure Washing: When Why & Who
- Wood Floors & Ongoing Maintenance
- Ceiling Fans: Summer and Winter?
- Weatherstripping Can Save You Money
- Who’s Changing the Toilet Seat?
Unless you’re a handyman who uses caulk every week for different home repair projects, you probably don’t realize that picking caulk is a lot like picking a new sofa. There are an endless number of choices and figuring out which of the many types of caulk to use can be challenging. With …
Caulking is a material used to seal small gaps (joints or seams) between materials used in home construction. The goal is to prevent leakage through these gaps. In houses, the leaks can involve air moving between a home's conditioned interior areas and unconditioned space like the attic. Water leaks …
We might see curtains everyday but most homeowners aren't experts at where to place them relative to the windows they frame. Everyone has their own decorating style and not everyone uses curtains. Sometimes they might not be comfortable installing curtains, so they'll use blinds or …
We're all different. That's why there isn't a one approach to managing your home. The sooner you find your homeowner personality, the sooner you'll relax knowing you've got a plan to manage everything ... from routine maintenance to emergencies and more. Identifying Your Homeowner …
You're probably home and getting cabin fever. What better time to tackle some of the homeowner projects you've been putting off for months, maybe years? That's why we've put together these 10 easy projects to help you stay busy at home. Everyone likes to do different things, so here are …