Home Ownership & Women Homeowners
Housing costs are the biggest piece of the consumer spending pie (Dept of Labor Consumer Expenditures 2009), yet homeowners are left to devise their own strategy for maintaining their homes. The real estate, construction and home furnishing industries are fragmented and there's no homeowners manual to guide consumers along the path of home ownership. through the home ownership experience.
That's why Tina Gleisner's mission is to critical, to helping women homeowners.
- Single women are buying homes at almost twice the pace as single males – first-time buyers (23 and 15 percent); repeat buyers (17 and 9 percent).
- Single women have outnumbered single men in home ownership every single year since 1982 (earliest date for US Census data).
- Women are earning more, and single women are more proactively planning their financial future which often includes buying a house, which they consider a smart addition to their portfolio.
How Tina Can Help the Media
When you need information about women home owners or any aspect of home ownership from buying or building, home maintenance and repairs, to organizing, decorating and green homes, Tina can help you find the right tips and resources.
- Tina has owned 13 homes in in 5 states, building a house in New York, remodeling a kitchen in California and putting a 4 story addition on a historic Victorian in New Hampshire.
- Tina has hundreds of stories from her experience running a handyman business, helping more than 2,000 homeowners understand and maintain their homes, hiring technicians, finding materials and navigating the construction industry.
- Tina has a network of home experts spanning the homeowner lifecyle, from real estate professionals on ActiveRain.com to home builders and contractors, decorators, professional organizers and more.
- Tina thinks outside the box, looking for ways to adapt our homes to support changing lifestyles, i.e. lifestyle kitchens for homework and entertaining, not just cooking.
- Tina supports HARO with personal homeowner experience, and advice from 8 years running a handyman business. She's available for interviews via email, Skype or phone, and Google hangouts on air.
Tina Gleisner in the News
- My Handyman owner launches Home Tips 4 Women, Portsmouth Herald, November 2010
- Women’s Business Center to celebrate 15 years of support, Portsmouth Herald, May 2010
- 4 Walls 1 Roof brings women together, NH Mirror, March 2007
- Q&A with My Handyman owner Tina Gleisner, NH Business Review, June 2006
- Ex-IBM executive turns handyman, Portsmouth Herald, January 2006
- She’s My Handyman, Tina Gleisner leads a team of local techs ready to fix whatever’s broken, Portsmouth Herald June 2004
Tina Gleisner, Founder of Home Tips for Women
To access or download a high resolution version of one of the photos below, click on the image. By downloading Tina’s photos, you acknowledge you have no ownership rights and agree to use the photos only in association with media events or publications. You may copy and redistribute multiple copies only in association with, and for the sole purpose of organizing, coordinating, advertising or promoting activities that Tina Gleisner is personally involved in.